Which are your pet peeves? While I've been guilty of writing this in the past (when the Manga didn't advance to correct me) and I KNOW it can be written well, the following plots bother me for redundancy and unoriginality:
1. Seras has trouble to accept her nature. Alucard/Gary Stu helps her through. Specially in the Manga setting. Guys, guuuuuuuuys, volume 7 has been out for several... years now? Water under the bridge. Pip and Hirano already did it in a very memorable way. Can't top that.
2. Integra is being ORDERED to marry some suitor she never met and breed. *snorts* I don't think Arthur had to put up with this shit, let alone his daughter. Hellsings seem to be fertile until their 70s if judging by Abraham and Arthur. I don't know what the big deal is to have her marry and spawning at 22 years old. Obviously, she can't be old so Alucard/Seras/Walter/Gary Stu/or Mary Sue get jealous at the UNFAIRNESS.
3. Alucard broke free of Hellsing by himself!1!1!1!11ichi!! Guuuuuys, watch episode 9 to see Alucard's reaction of hearing he has no more Master. Manga wise, this is even too funny to discuss.
4. Anderson or/and other Iscariots are rapists. Now Enrico's pretty sick, but ANDERSON. Who denied to tie up Integra because they'll behave as rapists? Why he's always raping Integra/Seras/Mary Sue? He's not Incognito, Jan Valentine or the vampire of Cheddar to have Alucard as the dashing hero to rescue the lady. Ugh.
5. Seras can't stand the pressure anymore and runs away from Hellsing! Say what? Oh yes, the pressure of being the closest to be of what she wanted to be (a cop). *eye roll*
6. Alucard daydreams to turn Integra into a vampire in the MANGA. Again this before volume 8 could be excused. But after? He sort of HATES his choice and his nature and his vampirism? He begs Anderson to remain human. Canon for the Tv series, though.
7. Anything involving Major and donuts. Saussages or cocoa > donuts for the Major.
8. Integra lives in her office. In the Manga. Nevermind she's RARELY there and, when she is, is for a reason.
9. Seras gets punished a lot... Nevermind even when she screwed badly during episodes 2 and 3, she was given lecture. That's it. Manga speaking is out of question. Look at Alucard, he pulled those illusions crap with Integra in the tv series and she didn't do worse than yell at him.
None of these ideas are bad in the beginning (I have read good stories with the premises. I'm guilty some of them), but now they have become generic fanon "plot bunnies" of choice that tends to lead to OOC characterization. What happened to creativity?
What are yours?